Crochet pattern for train afghan

Kids6plus9August 2, 2005

A few years ago Herrschners had a kit (pattern & yarn) to make an afghan with a train worked into it. I now have a 2yr.old grandson who loves trains. Of course the kit is no longer available from Herrschners. I've called them and they don't have the pattern either. Please let me know if you can help me find that pattern or a similar one. Gail

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Red_Confetti

You might search on eBay for the kit... I've often seen kits for sale there that someone bought years ago, and now are being sold. Keep it as a permanent search, then when one comes up for sale, you will be notified.

Also, take a look at the link below. There is a crocheted train afghan in the book titled "Creative Hands Picture Afghans." It is shown on the cover. (It's the 24th item down!) If that one appeals to you, you could also keep a search for it on eBay.

Here is a link that might be useful: Creative Hands Picture Afghans

Bookmark   August 3, 2005 at 12:40PM
donna_loomis

Gail, I don't have that pattern, but I do have a booklet from House of White Birches for a crocheted choo choo train. I would be happy to send it to you if you email me your address.

Here is a link that might be useful: choo choo

Bookmark   August 4, 2005 at 3:17AM
donna_loomis

I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you that the link I posted is not mine. I am not selling this book. I would like to give it to you if you are interested.

Bookmark   August 4, 2005 at 3:31PM
precious6050

I also was looking for this pattern. Mary Maxim has the pattern in their archives. Call Mary Maxim at (800)962-9504 and ask for the crochet pattern for the locomotive in their archive. You can purchase the pattern by itself or you can also purchase the yarn through them also.

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 6:04PM
memas

Thank you. I'll check out Mary Maxim's archives.

Bookmark   March 5, 2009 at 11:17AM
ladybuglove

Ok I have a question how do you look at mary maxims archives I have been to the siteand never can find any archives is there a special link? i would love to look in mary maxims archives please email me the link if possible thanks
Sorry I dont have a the train afghan patttern from herheners but i do believe I have one that has a train on it if you are interested email me ladybuvg89@hotmail.com

Bookmark   March 6, 2009 at 12:31AM
More Discussions
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™