lace afghan netting instructions

grammy42August 11, 2007

I am interested in making afghans from lace afghan netting and yarn. I can find the netting in stores but have not been able to find any patterns. Does anyone know where to get these patterns. Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carol_Ann

I have to confess total ignorance on this... I don't know what lace afghan netting is. Can you explain it so I'll know? And, did you ever find any patterns?

Bookmark   September 7, 2007 at 10:31AM
msmeow

Grammy, I think I have a couple of patterns. I think they are in a Crochet with Heart magazine, but they might be from Workbasket. I'll try to remember to look this weekend and let you know if I still have them.

Carol Ann, if it's what I'm thinking of, the lace is an open mesh that you weave the yarn through to create the design.

Donna

Bookmark   September 7, 2007 at 2:35PM
grammy42

It is bought by the yard. My sister-in-law bought it in a kit many years ago. She has been able to buy the lace but couldn't find any more patterns. They have some of the material at Hobby lobby.

Bookmark   September 8, 2007 at 10:25AM
lauralex

The only place to get the patterns was in the old kits (except for one leaflet which I have -"Afghan Heirlooms"). I have been trading these patterns (from the 80's-90's) with several other ladies over the past year and have collected many. Are you interested in any one (or more) in particular? I could send you a list. What patterns do you have?

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 9:19AM
grammy42

I don't really have a pattern. I took one of my sister-in-laws afghans she made and used it to make one. It is a zigzag pattern. I would be interested in any you would be willing to share. Do you know of any place you can buy the kits. Thank you for replying.

Bookmark   September 25, 2007 at 9:55AM
carneb

I have located a retailer for the afghan lace/netting. If anyone is interested, its very inexpensive. Also I am interested in trading patterns or free patterns. Please email me if interested.

Bookmark   December 27, 2007 at 3:13PM
More Discussions
What have you made lately?
Made this scarf for my niece for Christmas. The photo...
Lindsey_CA
reading a rowan pattern
I'm new to Rowan patterns and am puzzled from the beginning....
mdwimm
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™