good scrap yarn use

growinidahoAugust 21, 2010

You may already know but I just discovered a good use for leftover scrap yarn.

I took our cat to the vet to be put down. She had cancer. They wrapped her in a crocheted blanket that someone had donated. I was so thankful.

This winter I am going to use up my leftover yarn and make blankets to donate to the clinic.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

That's so nice of you. Someone else will feel happy that their dear pet is wrapped in a nice blanket you made.

Hospitals (human-type! LOL!) also take knit or crochet blankets for babies. This must mean a lot to people who have stillborn babies. I'm in the process of making one now, and if I don't die of boredom first, I'll be donating it to a hospital.

I'm so sorry you lost your dear kitty. We love our animals so much, and when they leave us, it really hurts.

Bookmark   August 21, 2010 at 4:38PM
wantoretire_did

Our maternity ward nurses are so grateful to get baby blankets, as some new moms don't have anything for their babies to go home in :-( The newborn sizes make up pretty quickly. I make them in a shell stitch or one large granny square.

Here is a link that might be useful: Afghan sizes

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 4:28AM
msmeow

Idaho, I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty! We had one with cancer, too...it's so hard when you really can't do anything for them.

I just finished knitting a little pink blanket, just to use up some yarn, but didn't know what to do with it. Now I have some ideas!

Donna

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 9:22AM
More Discussions
I want to learn to knit or crochet.
I have no one to teach me. Which is easier to learn...
eclair
Bargello-like Long Crochet Potholder pattern
When I was a kid (70's?), I made my mom some potholders...
lascatx
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™