cheap, CHEAP bamboo knitting needles

sandra_fergusonAugust 28, 2008

My set of bamboo 13" knitting needles arrived today, from Shanghi, and the quality is no different than those I've bought in this country, for a TON more money....I paid $12.98 in TOTAL (this includes S&H), for sets from size 0 to 15. I've just bid on a complete set of dp needles 0 to 15 for even less. If anyone is considering them, don't worry..... they couldn't be nicer.

They are the 8 Season company, on ebay. (I'd love to know what the other 4 seasons are!!!)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

Good to know. I didn't think you'd be disappointed. I would like to warn you and others, though, that you should be very careful when ordering circular bamboo needles from some of these overseas companies (I do not know about 8 Seasons, so I am not knocking them). They often have hollow, flimsy cables and the stitches do not slide easily on those cables.

Bookmark   August 28, 2008 at 2:20PM
sheilajoyce_gw

Let us know what you think of the dpns. I could use a whole set of them.

Bookmark   August 28, 2008 at 2:40PM
sandra_ferguson

Will do, sheilajoyce... Donna, I wasn't planning to order the circular needles, but appreciate the heads up. Santa brought me a set of Denise interchangeable ones, so, after I get the dp ones, I'll be set for ANYTHING, ANY SIZE!

Bookmark   August 28, 2008 at 5:19PM
sandra_ferguson

I've just ordered a complete set of DP needles.....15 sets...for around $16.00, including postage...(there are 5 needles in each set), so will let you know what I think when they arrive, although I'm sure they will be of the same quality as the long ones I got. When you consider that this manufacturer is making a profit on this small amount of money, just THINK of the profit other companies are making when they repackage and resell the very same product...the wholesale prices in bulk purchases are even less than what I paid!!!......I don't mind folks making a profit, but geez, the markup on these is completely out of sight!!!

Bookmark   August 30, 2008 at 9:50AM
jenn

Sounds nice.... but.... I wonder if they are using slave labor to make those needles so the prices can be so low.

Bookmark   August 31, 2008 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
What have you made lately?
Made this scarf for my niece for Christmas. The photo...
Lindsey_CA
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™