almost finished

sheilajoyce_gwAugust 9, 2009

I am almost finished knitting a white cabled v neck cardigan for one of the babies due this fall. It has been a bear for me--I have ripped out so much and had to reknit. When the 2nd front piece was almost done, I compared it to the 1st one for length--only to discover they were both the same side of the sweater! I had to rip it all out as it had a button band and so could not be salvaged. I thought perhaps DD would like it, and she might once I sew some cute buttons on it, but she does not tend to like cables, and I love them. With 5 different babies due this fall, someone will get it sent their way!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

Argh, to find that you'd made the same piece twice must have been disappointing. But it sounds lovely. How nice that you have so many possible recipients for it if DD doesn't like it. I'd love to see pictures.

Bookmark   August 9, 2009 at 10:50AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Sheila, congrats on getting it almost finished! I'm knitting a sweater for my niece and also am FINALLY almost done. This pattern has so many errors and vaguenesses (? is that a word?) that I have also done lots of ripping and redoing, including ripping out the whole first sleeve!

Hang in there!

Donna

Bookmark   August 10, 2009 at 10:45AM
More Discussions
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
Crochet Owl Fingerless Gloves
If you have some left over yarn you can easily to make...
jane_green
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™