Have any of you used Bam Boo from Classic Elite Yarns?

myclementineJuly 16, 2007

My aunt gave me a bunch of this Bam Boo yarn and I am having a terrible time keeping it from fraying while crocheting with it. I am still new at crocheting and wondering if I am doing something wrong. I am hoping to get ideas here.

Do you think it would help if I ran this with another type of yarn, the 2 together?

thanks

Heidi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tami_ohio

Heidi, I have some to make socks with, but have not had a chance to get them started. I go to a knitting group on Thursdays, when I can, at my local yarn shop. Several of the girls have used it, and love it, no problems working with it. (We also have crocheters!) I'll keep an ear open.

Tami

Bookmark   July 16, 2007 at 7:57PM
myclementine

Thanks Tami! I used 2 strands of it together yesterday and that worked much better. I had to use aluminum hook so that it would slide easier. I am wondering if what she got was a bad batch and she got a discount. I just don't know. Thanks!

Bookmark   July 17, 2007 at 11:37AM
orchids2000

Are we talking splitty fraying where your needle size may be wrong and you are grabbing too many/not enough of the yarn thread strands or the ends fraying due to the way it is spun like some cottons, in which case I just tie a knot in the very end. I have knitted with Bam Boo (not crochet) and find it to be one I would not recommend to a beginner. JMHO.

Bookmark   July 19, 2007 at 3:22PM
More Discussions
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
Lined Mittens
I am knitting my first pair of mittens. Have not knitted...
colorcrazy
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™