Make Up Air Question

dancingqueengwApril 18, 2012

I am replacing a 24 year old downdraft Jennair range with either an induction GE or a gas range. I also plan to replace the our microwave, which is directly over this range and vents to the outside, with a real range hood. Can my Jennair downdraft vent be reworked to be a make up air source?

Also, how would you recommend finding a HVAC person as the only ones I seem to every find only want to sell furnaces? I'd love to find someone to evaluate my duct work, maybe have a camera run through them to find out why some rooms have no heat and others are blasting. TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heatseeker

As far as your ductwork is concerned do you have dampers? They could be out of balance. Running a camera will just waste your money.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 9:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Edward12

You may be able to use the duct to the old jennair to provide the make up air. When you do find a good heating contractor, he should be able to look at it for you. It may not even be necessary in your home depending on the size of the range hood.

The ductwork in your home definately should be evaluated and balanced. Check on sites like "Angie's List" for your area. Do your homework and you should be able to find a reputable HVAC contractor.

Here is a link that might be useful: heatandcooldiy

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 7:40PM
More Discussions
Pls tell me the best uses for Carrier Air Handler Model # FV4CNF003
Hi GW, I am stuck with a new 2012 air handler/heat...
ontariomom
Need help choosing an efficient HRV Air Exchanger
Hi, My house as a total area of 2300 square feet (1150*x)....
Jim_Lafleur
I Like the Forum Changes
IMO; this new forum setup is an improvement...
udarrell
HVAC question
I live near Charlotte NC and have a new Bryant Hybrid...
gtodd1966
Problems with HVAC in 1958 Cape Cod
I've been reading the blogs here and hope that the...
ginaff58
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™