socks two at a time using Magic Loop...figured it out..finally

Vickey__MNJuly 14, 2009

Okay I can now knit socks...DPN's..4 and 5 needles, two circular needles, and now MAGIC LOOP. I can do top down and toe up! I still have to master heels. I have the toe up cast on that I like (Turkish...thanks to someone here, donna lomis maybe??). Now the only method I think I haven't tried and mastered is two socks at once on 4-5 DPN's and I'm not sure if I want to do that (that method REALLY SCARES ME!!)

Vickey-MN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Zipper_TX

Congratulations, when I figure out magic loop, that became my favorite method, and since I very seldom have half sock itis lol I usually just do one at a time, two at a time is for when I'm in the mood for a challenge ;o).

I take socks everywhere and work on them while I wait, started one for me yesterday at the dentist office ;o)

Bookmark   July 14, 2009 at 4:50PM
donna_loomis

Congratulations! And if you're like me, you found out that you were probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. Not that tough now, is it?

I can do other types of heels, but my favorite way is now the afterthought heel. It's easy to replace if need be, too.

And I do love the Turkish cast on.

"two socks at once on 4-5 DPN's" - is that even possible?

Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 12:49PM
Vickey__MN

Donna Loomis, yes it's possible, probably not for ME, but for some it is.

Vickey-MN

Here is a link that might be useful: Two socks 4-5 dpns concurrently

Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 1:28PM
donna_loomis

Vickey, that is just mind boggling. I don't know if I could ever get the hang of that, but I'm pretty sure it would take so much concentration that I just wouldn't enjoy my knitting anymore. I still want to learn new stuff, but I think I'll pass on that one. Let me know if you make the attempt and how it goes.

Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 2:05PM
sheilajoyce_gw

I saw a utube of a woman finishing up her socks. She knit one INSIDE the other. As she cast off, voila, two socks. Must have been some way to knit every even stitch being one sock and the odd stitches being the other. Intriguing.

Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™