Looking for scarf pattern patons brilliant

emily2196July 5, 2006

I would like to make a scarf with Paton's Brilliant yarn, but I can't find a nice pattern (and I'm not experienced enough to make my own). I would like to make something lacy or open-work. Either knit or crochet is fine. Thank you!

Emily

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

Emily, Paton's Brilliant, in my opinion, is somewhere between sport weight and worsted weight. You could use just about any pattern calling for either. Check out these two pages (one is for knit scarves, one is for crochet scarves): http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com and

Here is a link that might be useful: crochet scarves

Bookmark   July 5, 2006 at 12:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sarasal

Hi, I'm making a scarf with Patons Brilliant now. It's an easy, openwork pattern from one of their books. You can go to www.patonsyarns.com. Click on Ladies knit items and you'll see a book "All that glitters". they call it a shawl (on the cover, part of a set, a little to hard to see detail, but is the same on shell and shawl) but it's only 17" wide, to me a cross between a scarf and shawl. Also you could adapt it and make it narrower. You need to register to use the website. Also, I just found an error on this pattern(which I had already seen) which they have posted on their correction page. If you want this let me know and I'll e-mail it to you if you're interested.

Sally

Bookmark   July 5, 2006 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
reading a rowan pattern
I'm new to Rowan patterns and am puzzled from the beginning....
mdwimm
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
Bargello-like Long Crochet Potholder pattern
When I was a kid (70's?), I made my mom some potholders...
lascatx
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
Lined Mittens
I am knitting my first pair of mittens. Have not knitted...
colorcrazy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™