what to do with this yarn?

Carol_AnnJuly 5, 2007

I bought some Cherry Tree Hill superwash merino fingerling weight Supersock yarn... just could *not* resist the colors! But it's so cool... I kinda want to do something with it, rather than socks, something that I'd see more often... but, it's only one hank (420 yds., 4 oz.). Any thoughts on, for example, a lacey scarf pattern that would use only that amount of yarn? Or other small projects? The coloring is so great I almost want to make it into an art object and hang it on the wall so I can see it all the time! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: supersock yarn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

You could make a hat with it and also make a scarf using any left over for the scarf with yet another kind of yarn so you will have enough to make that scarf.

Bookmark   July 5, 2007 at 1:00PM
craftfetish

I made this "Falling Water" scarf for my Grandmother for Christmas last year. This was only my second lace project, but I loved the way it came out.

There is a link to the orignal pattern in my blog, below

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish's attempt at Falling Water Scarf

Bookmark   July 5, 2007 at 2:11PM
Carol_Ann

I love the hat idea -- I love hats -- but for whatever reason, I rarely wear them. I might have to change that habit :)

And I love the Falling Water scarf -- that looks perfect! I have two different hanks of the Cherry Hill in different colors, I suspect one of them will go to this scarf.

Thanks, both of you!

Bookmark   July 5, 2007 at 6:21PM
socks

Craftfetish, you can be proud of that scarf. I'd like to make it but that chart scares me. LOL! I've never worked from a chart. Is it just a supplement to the written instructions.

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 4:20PM
craftfetish

You could totally make this socks! I'm scared of charts as well (although I have noble intentions of learning to work with them, I still haven't) - the written instructions work just as well.

(And it is only a 14 line or so pattern, so you won't even need it a few repeats in)

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 10:19AM
More Discussions
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
I want to learn to knit or crochet.
I have no one to teach me. Which is easier to learn...
eclair
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™