Yarn?

jannielJuly 23, 2008

I have to purchase yarn out of town due to fact we only have a Wal-Mart. My experience with acrylic yarns I buy there tends to piles. I have purchased wool yarns and like to use it as it does not pile. My next project needs a yarn that will hold up with machine washing. (worsted weight yarn) Any suggestions on what and where to order on line? Cost is definitely a factor.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pandora429

Find Lion Yarn including Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn here at Knitting-Warehouse.com! Wool-ease is a 4-ply worsted-weight yarn that is so beloved by knitters and crocheters that it inspired an entire family of yarns. Wool-Ease is appreciated for its versatility and value. It has the feel, warmth and softness of wool and the easy care of acrylic. Its extensive color range makes it easy to design with and perfect for every project from socks to afghans. I have been able to find this yarn at Michaels and Joann Fabrics. I personally have not used this one, but have used other brands by lions. It is a great yarn, holds up well, and washes terrific. So, I hope that this helps you, good luck with your projects!!!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 5:39PM
tami_ohio

Also, do a google search for Plymouth yarns. The Encore yarn from them is an acrylic wool blend that washes nicely.

Tami

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 7:59PM
janniel

Thank you so much for the great information. I have seen the ads for acrylic and wool blend but was not sure it would hold up. Again thank you for taking your time and effort to answer me. Janice

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 8:21PM
Maggie4

I am using Wool-ease now for a sweater. It is a very good choice but in my area I can only find it in limited colors.

Lion Brand does have it on their site but not sure on choice of colors. I now have a order at Patternworks.com also a good place to buy yarn. They have a free catalog that you can send for too. Lion Brand also has a catalog.
Lots of choices out there but if you are like me not sure of what I want, then its time to check out the catalogs.

Bookmark   July 24, 2008 at 11:15AM
janniel

I will order the catalogs mentioned. The wool-ease sounds like what I would like. Thanks so much for the info.

Bookmark   July 24, 2008 at 4:42PM
damascusannie

I've had the best success with Plymouth Encore--it held up best in the wash. Lion's Wool Ease won't shrink in the wash, but the shawl I made with it pilled a lot.

Annie

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 7:08PM
janniel

That is very good to know. It breaks my heart to see to see all that work be covered with the little balls, not to mention the cost factor. Your information is truly appreciated. Thank you. Janice

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 8:23PM
Maggie4

Thanks for the info on Plymouth Yarn. I'll check out Encore too. I usually just hand wash my sweaters but I also hate to see all my work go to waste.

Bookmark   July 26, 2008 at 8:44PM
More Discussions
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
I want to learn to knit or crochet.
I have no one to teach me. Which is easier to learn...
eclair
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
Sponsored Products
nuLOOM Handmade Norwegian Radiance Brown Rug (6' x 9')
Overstock.com
Safavieh Runner: Wyndham Grey/Ivory 2.25' x 7'
Home Depot
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Wyndham Beige/Blue 8 ft. 9 in.
Home Depot
Kalora Maroq Blue Cream Diamonds Soft Touch Rug
Beyond Stores
Taupe Embossed Sloan Sheet Set
$21.99 | zulily
Nahall Area Rug - 2'3" x 8'
Grandin Road
Ivory Speckled Shag Rug
Cost Plus World Market
Trentino Tailored Sham
$135.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™