knitted dishcloths

terlyncaiJune 25, 2010

I love to knit dishcloths but wondering if people really use them and love them like I do? It does seem like they fade very easily but other than that I like them. What's your opinion. Any favorite patterns?

Terry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tami_ohio

Hi Terry,

I belong to a RV club, and at most of our rallies, we do an auction for a charity that we support. I made about 10 dishcloths last year and put them in two packages in the auction. Would you believe that each package was auctioned for at least $15? There were about 6 ladies fighting over them! Yes, people really love them and use them, just like you do. My favorite pattern is super simple. I think it's called Grandma's Favorite, but I got it from one of the yarn company web sites. They are alos great for trying out new pattern stitches.

Tami

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 8:30AM
gabriell_gw

I love knitting dish cloths. I use left over yarn and have used just about every kind .I find that they last forever and just get better with laundering. As of late I have been using the same pattern and using baby yarn to make wash cloths. They feel great.

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 9:41PM
Cougar1

I have gobs of patterns I knit from (large notebook full, plus others on computer), and have just found Hobby Lobby's new yarn I Love This Cotton yarn...it's thinner than the other cotton yarns I used before and is so soft.

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 11:44AM
Crafty Gardener

I love homemade dishcloths, but do agree they fade quickly. I use a basic knit pattern that goes from corner to corner increasing each row. I also crochet them and use some pattern I just create myself. I give lots away for gifts and they are always appreciated.

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 6:25PM
maryrose58

my dishcloths last forever ... i knit or crochet them from 100% cotton and my friends BEG for more ... i also still make my own pot cotton holders on the square little loom i've had since i was 6 (i'm 51 now) and my friends BEG for more !!!

Bookmark   August 4, 2010 at 5:26PM
blueheron

Boy, I can relate to the cotton potholders! I love them and they're so hard to find. You have to know somebody who has one of those little looms. I would buy them if I could.

I also knit the dishcloths and at first I was afraid to use them because I didn't want them to fall apart. Well, even though I have a dishwasher, I do wash some things by hand and the knitted dishcloths are wonderful at scrubbing dishes. I use them exclusively now.

Bookmark   August 5, 2010 at 8:00PM
mommalin

Maryrose,where do you get your supplies to make cotton potholders?I still have my loom but need the little cotton garter-like pieces.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 2:45PM
blueheron

I think you could find them at Michael's or another craft store.

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 9:21PM
growinidaho

I love to crochet potholders. I like them way better than store bought pot holders. They are fun and easy to make. I have made some crocheted dishcloths. I don't know how to knit though I have tried.

Bookmark   August 21, 2010 at 2:14PM
More Discussions
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
1970's crochet skunk air freshener can cover
Does anybody happen to have the crochet pattern for...
catsoup
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
profsusan
What have you made lately?
Made this scarf for my niece for Christmas. The photo...
Lindsey_CA
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
Sponsored Products
Magnetic Dish Cloth Holder by Magisso
$55.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™