amazing star pattern

noyogirlJune 12, 2009

i was looking thru a old quick and easy crochet book from 1991 and seen an advertisement for a amazing star afghan square any one know where i can get it thank u Teena

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jjknitter

I found this about Amazing Star Afghan:
I found out that the company selling this afghan pattern years ago is still in business: JAO Enterprises Inc.,
P.O. Box 547, Newark, OH 43058
They have the pattern available for $3.00 plus postage.
It's a very unusual pattern, as the star burst is formed without using a post stitch. I took a chance writing to them
after I found their street address in the Ohio yellow pages.
They sent me an envelope full of the other patterns they have too..of which I'm ordering some of them too.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Bookmark   June 12, 2009 at 9:55PM
noyogirl

do they havea phone number i can reach them as i live in idaho. or just send them three dollars for the pattern ? isn t it pretty. thank u Teena

Bookmark   June 13, 2009 at 12:51AM
donna_loomis

I have that pattern. It does not list a telephone number. But an online search yielded one: (740) 522-6545.

Bookmark   June 13, 2009 at 11:29AM
noyogirl

thank u. Teena

Bookmark   June 13, 2009 at 1:52PM
tami_ohio

I have that pattern also. It's very easy to do! I've made one, and as soon as I finish a baby sweater, I am making the star using the sweater color for one of the colors in the star. I think mine is just going to be white, lavender, and purple. And I paid $5.99 at a yarn shop in Columbus, OH for the pattern. Hmmm, wonder if they have a yarn shop to go with the pattern designer? I'll have to check the next time I get down that way!

Tami

Bookmark   June 23, 2009 at 2:06PM
donna_loomis

Actually, unless you are wanting the pattern for the knit afghan as well (which I have also made and love), there is no need to purchase the pattern. It is identical to several that are free online. Here is just one of them:

Here is a link that might be useful: Round Ripple

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 2:19PM
gardenlover25

I love that star pattern. The last time I made the crocheting things is when I was in High School. I made a flower and a flower vase. But unfortunately I don't know where are they know. I will again have to start from the basic. Thanks.

Bookmark   August 7, 2009 at 11:21AM
More Discussions
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
Granny Square vest
I knit a lot while riding my exercise bike. I want...
barb_roselover_in
What have you made lately?
Made this scarf for my niece for Christmas. The photo...
Lindsey_CA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™