New EZ Knitting Pattern Book at Schoolhouse Press

zarazaneJune 17, 2009

See that there is a new pattern book for EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket (12 pages). Now has Adult, Baby and Childs jackets together with Options for Hood, Collar etc. I wish they would print the February Jacket as they do with the one page BSJ. Would also be great if these patterns could be downloaded as postage costs to Australia are so expensive.

http://www.schoolhousepress.com/newbooks.htm

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

I love knitting her BSJ and have made several. I am going to try the seamless one as soon as the extra long cable for my circular needle set arrives in the mail.

I really like some of the BSJs I have made, and others just didn't work out as well with the yarns I combined. I thing heathery variegated wools look nicest, but not for our family and not for a baby. I use easy to machine wash and dry acrylics.

Bookmark   June 27, 2009 at 11:53PM
zarazane

I am like you, prefer the acrylics. Also love my KnitPicks Harmony circular needles.

An update for anyone interested: I emailed Schoolhouse Press and asked if they had any plans to "Toddlerise" the February Baby Sweater. Reply was that message would be passed on to staff member responsible - so those of us who don't have babies to knit for, we may be lucky.

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 7:03PM
sheilajoyce_gw

In the new Schoolhouse Press BSJ pattern, I understand a child's size is included.

I have made toddler sized BSJs before the new pattern was available. The most recent was a size 3 with suggestions from a site someone here suggested.

I used larger needles and Red Heart Super Saver worsted for the larger size worsted yarn. At every place in the pattern where I could increase size, I did. I added length to the back flap, but I also took out the diaper ease row of 10 new stitches across the back as the intended wearer is slender and out of diapers.

I added sleeve length and width to the fronts too. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   July 2, 2009 at 4:20PM
More Discussions
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
Bargello-like Long Crochet Potholder pattern
When I was a kid (70's?), I made my mom some potholders...
lascatx
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
Sponsored Products
Gyro Wet Ceiling Fan
FRONTGATE
ELK Lighting 69029-1 Schoolhouse Pendant - 8W in. Silver - 69029-1
$146.00 | Hayneedle
Urban Renewal P1233 Mini Pendant by Feiss
$76.00 | Lumens
Westinghouse Lighting Kits 5 in. Handblown Schoolhouse Shade with Ridged Design
$7.99 | Home Depot
Schoolhouse One-Light Oiled Bronze with Antique Gold Pendant
$187.00 | Bellacor