Estes Park Wool Market

tommysmommyJune 17, 2007

I went to my first wool market yesterday in Estes Park. I've been knitting for about 3 years. It was so much fun to see all the critters that produce the beautiful fibers - especially the little cria whose fiber felt like clouds! A cria is a baby alpaca, and this one was no bigger than a small fawn. Angora rabbits, sheep of all types, goats, llamas, even yaks were on display! There was a tent for shopping and as tempting as all the beautiful alpaca and wool yarns were, I found a booth which sold yarns you don't find much in the store, gorgeous hand-dyed hanks of non-animal fibers that I couldn't resist. Go to www.interlacementsyarn.com to see their wares. You'll be astounded! $150 worth came home with me!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cherbo

I'm confused, that link took me to a cement/concrete site. It says Welcome to interlacementsyarn.com, but they advertise cement products. Is it just me?

Tommysmommy, the wool market sounds interesting. I would love to see it. Of course the location is enough for me to want to go, I love Estes Park.

Bookmark   June 18, 2007 at 8:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tommysmommy

Sorry, try www.interlacementsyarns.com (adding the s to yarn) and that should bring you to the right site. It was a beautiful day to go up there, and when you see the town from the "highway" and begin to descend, it's just breathtaking. Two hour drive from Denver, but worth it!

Bookmark   June 18, 2007 at 8:53AM
More Discussions
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™