Finished kitchen for calilforniagirl

californiagirlDecember 3, 2012

It took just over three years from beginning to end (kitchen is part of a multistory addition), but here, finally, is the new kitchen for our 1938 house in the Midwest.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
californiagirl

Second photo. Many, many thanks to everyone who posts here. Have learned so much. We love our kitchen

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 9:17PM
californiagirl

Wish I could edit. Apologies for the bad spelling and missing period. Was focused on how to get the poor quality iPhone photos uploaded.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 9:25PM
enduring

This is beautiful. But why don't your post this over on the "discussion" side too. If not all of the pictures at least a link to this area. It seems that most people post their new kitchens on the Discussion side. and ps, you can edit on the discussion side, it is a new feature.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 3:09PM
Zippity-do-dah

Gorgeous! Marvelous Darling! Is there mirror in your corner door (pantry?). Great idea. Cabinets go all the way up! Love it. Ah, those chandeliers!!! They are the bestest of all! Enjoy!

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 10:38PM
catkin

That's gorgeous!

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 5:33PM
californiagirl

Zippity, I was thinking about mirror in that door because I was afraid I would hate seeing the messy pantry. Turns out I am so happy to have a pantry I don't care!

The cabinet maker made changes after the plans were drawn in the glass doors sizes that created overly small panes. When DH and I first saw them we were sure we would ask him to change them. But we got used to them and the way all the muntins in the cab and pantry doors hide what's behind.

I will take enduring's advice and post on the other side. As a longtimer I knew this was the side finished photos used to be posted on but it has never been very active.

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 11:01PM
decordummy_gw

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love absolutely everything in it.

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 9:30AM
californiagirl

Thanks to all of you for the kind reviews. I finally got some new, better photos (but without the counter chairs!) and posted them on the Discussions side, per enduring's suggestion.

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 9:48PM
lalalisa123

Beautiful!!!!

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Dishwasher placement: 36" or 12" from the sink???
I have seen several pix of DW been placed NOT next...
eleena
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™