kitchen island

sriddleOctober 31, 2010

Renovating my 1934 kitchen. Thinking of taking out the wall between kitchen & dining room and putting a long island there, possibly with a gas cooktop on the island. Kitchen cabinets will be white...don't know what to do about island. Don't want white in dining room as trim is medium, dark wood. Don't want dark wood in kitchen. Another color? White on one side and wood on other? Any good island designs? Thinking of cabinets on kitchen side and maybe some open shelving to hold pottery, etc. on dining room side.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

If you haven't already, I suggest posting this on the "Discussions" side of Kitchens. This is the "Gallery" side that's more for finished kitchens and the like. The Discussions side of Kitchens is for on-topic discussions concerning kitchen remodels. You will most likely get many more responses over there.

Oh, and btw...you're probably not receiving emails of follow-up postings, even though you checked the box requesting them. This is b/c you don't have the email option turned on in your profile. See the "Read Me" thread on the "Discussions" side for more information. Scroll down to the post with the subject "Getting Emails Sent To You...3-step Process".

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Read Me If You're New To GW Kitchens!

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 5:07AM
More Discussions
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
Can you please take a look at my layout?
I'm currently getting quotes for cabinets and want...
Carolyn
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Outlet covers?
As my electrician was putting in my outlets I couldn't...
KarMar00
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™