You knitters will love this, I promise

kittymApril 8, 2007

Here's an Easter present for you. My sisters gave me one, and we spend the day making more. No camera, but simple.

This is a pattern for a pin. On size 0 needles cast on 22-26 stitches, using yarn no larger then sock yarn, or even heavy crochet thread. Knit about 7-8 rows. We got carried away and knitted 4 rows of K2,P2 ribbing, then stocking ,did seed stitch, and even put a cable in middle of one. Do not want the length more then 1/2-3/4 inch. Now transfer stitches to two toothpicks, half on each...getting the idea now??? these will look like knitting needles. Glue a glass bead, or sister had some very tiny wooden bead, onto the end of each toothpick, a drop of glue where the needles(toothpicks) cross, and glue apin clasp on the back. These are as cute as can be. If doing a ribbing or cable, it shows best on a one colored yarn. Try different yarns and stitches. Takes about 10-15 after your first one. For the cable stitch, used a third toothpick to hold stitches. Have fun.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

How cute!

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 12:25PM
budster

I have seen these on sale at shows. They range between $4.00/6.00 each. I've also seen them on trees around Christmas along with those little baskets filled with yarn bits and the "toothpick needles" tucked in. Looks very cute when on display on a table of handknit items. They are easy to make but you should use the round toothpicks vice the flat ones for a more natural look.

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 5:31PM
sandie994

Has anyone made these that can post a picture?? tia sandie

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 4:33PM
marvel

I'm with you, tia sandie. I could use a picture, too. Have you made any, budster, to send a photo?

Bookmark   May 18, 2007 at 5:57AM
budster

No I have not made any sorry. Budster

Bookmark   May 19, 2007 at 6:10PM
clare1501

I have made these as card decorations. I DO have a pic but it is on my other pc. When I get to it I can post it.
They are really cute.

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 6:19PM
More Discussions
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™