You knitters will love this, I promise

kittymApril 8, 2007

Here's an Easter present for you. My sisters gave me one, and we spend the day making more. No camera, but simple.

This is a pattern for a pin. On size 0 needles cast on 22-26 stitches, using yarn no larger then sock yarn, or even heavy crochet thread. Knit about 7-8 rows. We got carried away and knitted 4 rows of K2,P2 ribbing, then stocking ,did seed stitch, and even put a cable in middle of one. Do not want the length more then 1/2-3/4 inch. Now transfer stitches to two toothpicks, half on each...getting the idea now??? these will look like knitting needles. Glue a glass bead, or sister had some very tiny wooden bead, onto the end of each toothpick, a drop of glue where the needles(toothpicks) cross, and glue apin clasp on the back. These are as cute as can be. If doing a ribbing or cable, it shows best on a one colored yarn. Try different yarns and stitches. Takes about 10-15 after your first one. For the cable stitch, used a third toothpick to hold stitches. Have fun.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

How cute!

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 12:25PM
budster

I have seen these on sale at shows. They range between $4.00/6.00 each. I've also seen them on trees around Christmas along with those little baskets filled with yarn bits and the "toothpick needles" tucked in. Looks very cute when on display on a table of handknit items. They are easy to make but you should use the round toothpicks vice the flat ones for a more natural look.

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 5:31PM
sandie994

Has anyone made these that can post a picture?? tia sandie

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 4:33PM
marvel

I'm with you, tia sandie. I could use a picture, too. Have you made any, budster, to send a photo?

Bookmark   May 18, 2007 at 5:57AM
budster

No I have not made any sorry. Budster

Bookmark   May 19, 2007 at 6:10PM
clare1501

I have made these as card decorations. I DO have a pic but it is on my other pc. When I get to it I can post it.
They are really cute.

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 6:19PM
More Discussions
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
Granny Square vest
I knit a lot while riding my exercise bike. I want...
barb_roselover_in
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™