Victorian kitchen

mfrogOctober 2, 2008

This kitchen is made up from mainly salvaged cabinets which we fixed up & painted all the same. The lowers were custom made because we wanted deeper & higher cabinets. The counter tops are beech (not from Ikea, theirs are too expensive) we bought from the wholesaler. The GE stove was bought from an appliance store who had rewired it & completely overhauled it. The stained glass windows were also salvaged. The entire kitchen including period lighting, custom cabinetry cost about $9,000.

Before: just getting the windows in.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
totogirl

I love THIS!!! It's a REAL kitchen without all the fancy granite, high-end appliances, expensive tiles, etc. You did a terrific job, especially being able to recycle salvaged cabinets. Wonderful, homey, comfortable and real!

Bookmark   October 5, 2008 at 8:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mfrog

Thank you totogirl (if your name means what I think it does, me too!)
I wanted to edit my post to add some more photos, but I can't seem to find an edit button, so I'll just add them to this one.

This antique dresser was cut in half (the top half hung above) The flour bin is on the left, if anyone is a baker they should consider having one of these. I don't know why they went out of fashion.

The Kohler cast iron sink was one of our splurges, while I love the big sink, I won't deal with Kohler again.

We also decided to add a victorian conservatory to the kitchen. Because our kitchen was quite dark this helped immensely with the dreariness of wet coast weather.

Bookmark   October 8, 2008 at 8:09PM
More Discussions
IKEA Spring Sale 2015 begins 2/27
I spent a (long, long) day at IKEA on Saturday ordering...
tracie.erin
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Help design custom sink--mitigating risk
I posted here about the possibility of a marble sink...
crl_
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
Glossy tiles in this Kitchen?
Please take a look at this kitchen layout and let me...
r2d2indy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™