have a question

mamalo3April 24, 2007

what does GOURMET CROCHET mean. and what is COUTURE CROCHET. i have no clue... if its a technique or look... i really would like to know.... so if anyone could help me out i thank you very much.....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

Never heard of them.

Bookmark   April 24, 2007 at 7:11PM
donna_loomis

Gourmet Crochet is basically a "brand" name, like "Annie's Attic". I think Couture Crochet is just a brand name also.

Bookmark   April 24, 2007 at 10:57PM
mamalo3

thanks donna. if you find out anything else about either one of these. i will be interested in finding out...agin thank you lois....

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 1:59PM
donna_loomis

Lois, not sure what specifically you want to know. I have a couple of Gourmet Crochet patterns, if you are interested. One is for a topsy turvey doll, another for a rather ugly (in my opinion) doll, and another is for cupcakes - which looks almost good enough to eat.

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 3:42PM
mamalo3

donna i would like to try them only if you have the time to email me the patterns i really don't wont to be a bother. but thank you sooooo much for answering my question... lois

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 6:37PM
donna_loomis

Lois, I'd be happy to send you the pattern. Email at home is erratic at the moment - I seem to be able to send, but receiving is sometimes tricky. We're working with our provider to determine the problem. You can try sending me an email at home (mudpie@thegraphiczone.net) with Gourmet Crochet in the subject line and if I get it I'll send you the patterns. Or you can sen me an email at work (donna@goscott.com) and when I get in tomorrow I'll get them to you. Or you can post your email here for me to find when I check in later tonight.

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 9:49PM
mamalo3

sure donna, my email is gwagwa96@aol.com thanks.. lois

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 4:46PM
profsusan

never heard of Gourmet Crochet but Couture Crochet is the name of one of Lily Chin's books (I received a copy for a Xmas gift). Couture usually means high-end fashion, one of a kind, custom-fitted, specially made, etc. A French fashion term.

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 5:13PM
mamalo3

profsusan..i just ordered the book ...can't wait to get it...oh my email address is gwagwa96@aol.com.if you come across the wedding gown pattern thanks again....lois

Bookmark   April 27, 2007 at 5:47PM
More Discussions
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
profsusan
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™