Mixing finishes

LscourasAugust 11, 2012

In regards to mixing finishes...we are building our own house (doing all the work ourselves) and are currently working on the kitchen. My cabinets are all hand made and are painted bright white. Walls are light tan, floor is pine, ceiling will be a brushed nickel tin tile. All the appliances are stainless. The light fixtures are all oil rubbed bronze (they stood out better on the nickel ceiling). So, my question is this, I am not searching for a sink and faucets. Originally we were going to put in a stainless sink to match with all the other stainless/brushed nickel in the kitchen but I am not sure that's the direction I want to go. There will also be a stainless backsplash behind my counters and I am afraid it will all just blend into one another. Thought about oil rubbed bronze fixtures on the sink but don't know that I have ever seen them on a stainless sink. Looked at oil rubbed bronze sinks, and am still in sticker shock. Thoughts...ideas on options that would go together but not fade into the walls etc?

Thanks!

Leslie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
localeater

Why not a granite of soapstone sink? You can usually find them on Craigslist, though I am in Maine and that might make it easier. Silgranit is nice too.

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 7:12PM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™