New Kitchen Advice

alexismAugust 8, 2010

My husband and I are in the process of purchasing our first home. Looking for kitchen design advice. We would like to keep the white abinets and all stainless steel appliances. I would love to add a white or crackled subway tile, white apron front sink, new faucet, and countertops (currently grey corian). I love the look of marble for the countertops but unsure of the maintenance and resale value. Should we go with a granite that looks like marble such as princess white granite or just go with a creamier warmer granite such as crema spring and possibly glazing the cabinets? Also the living are will be re-painted a light cream instead of the existing yellow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steff_1

Just saw your post popped up on the first page and hadn't seen it before. If you really have been waiting since Sunday, it seems the forum posting is messed up.

You're on the right track with marble and subway tile, that always looks good. Just do your research here to make sure you can live with it. For resale, you'll have to ask around for opinions in your area.

If the cabinets are white, cream might not look good with them. You'll have to test some and see because one or the other could end up looking off. The same with cream paint.

Be sure to check your sink cabinet to see if it can be retrofit for an apron sink.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 7:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steff_1

Just realized you are in the Gallery section. If you need more answers, post on the Discussions side.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 7:22PM
More Discussions
Old, Deep Cast Iron Sink or New Sink? I can't decide
Hello, would love to hear from those of you who have...
Cindy McMahon
Zinc Range hoods
I am considering a custom zinc range-hood. What guage...
tyskamas
Ordered my cabinets in rustic beech
What I am wondering is why all the kitchen magazines...
ryseryse_2004
What wall oven under $2500 do you have and love?
What single wall oven <$2500 do you have and love?...
enzaenza
Anyone used solid surface backsplash with granite countertops?
I am considering doing full backsplash in Corian (or...
Carol Vesier
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™