New Kitchen Advice

alexismAugust 8, 2010

My husband and I are in the process of purchasing our first home. Looking for kitchen design advice. We would like to keep the white abinets and all stainless steel appliances. I would love to add a white or crackled subway tile, white apron front sink, new faucet, and countertops (currently grey corian). I love the look of marble for the countertops but unsure of the maintenance and resale value. Should we go with a granite that looks like marble such as princess white granite or just go with a creamier warmer granite such as crema spring and possibly glazing the cabinets? Also the living are will be re-painted a light cream instead of the existing yellow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steff_1

Just saw your post popped up on the first page and hadn't seen it before. If you really have been waiting since Sunday, it seems the forum posting is messed up.

You're on the right track with marble and subway tile, that always looks good. Just do your research here to make sure you can live with it. For resale, you'll have to ask around for opinions in your area.

If the cabinets are white, cream might not look good with them. You'll have to test some and see because one or the other could end up looking off. The same with cream paint.

Be sure to check your sink cabinet to see if it can be retrofit for an apron sink.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 7:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steff_1

Just realized you are in the Gallery section. If you need more answers, post on the Discussions side.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 7:22PM
More Discussions
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
Framed beaded inset or frameless? Same price
I finally have decided on Cabinet wood and cabinet...
Traumanurse1
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
Need advice on Backsplash
I am a chef and caterer--I'm just finishing up a large...
avolab
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™