help get me into 2011 with oak kitchen

yankcaJuly 28, 2011

Hi all, I have been wanting to do something with my kitchen but I don't know what to do. The cabinets are Quaker Maid oak in perfect condition. Need a new oven,cooktop,hood,counter,sink. I thought it would be simple to redo. First problem - the oven cut out is 24"x48" nothing will fit. I want high end oven, thus I emailed QuakerMaid and they are looking into a new cabinet. Questions --should I buy even if possible a dated style oak cabinet? should I paint them? what color qranite ( I like the satin finish) what kind of hood (one that will just replace the existing 36" one or dump the cabinet above the cooktop? I want an induction 36" cooktop. Because the counter is in a C shape with many turns I have been told to not pick granite with a wave. Note- I don't trust my judgement and have lived here for 18years and don't have any strong vision. Just want a great looking kitchen(husband has no interest in having any input and two daughters are out of house). I will post pictures. Thank you in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clg7067

Please post your message in discussions, this is for finished kitchens only. Thanks!

Bookmark   August 1, 2011 at 10:22PM
More Discussions
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™