Looking for this Bear Pattern

enjoyingspringApril 17, 2007

Would anyone have a pattern similar to this one. Would appreciate it if someone would like to share.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftfetish

Those are so cute!

It looks like they are knit flat in two pieces and then stuffed and sewn together. The legs and arms look to be just stitched therough the finished piece.

I'm eyeballing this from the proportions, but I think you could figure this out without a pattern. I'd probably cast on about 10 stitches, continue in stockinette for about an inch. Then increase one stitch at each end of the next 4 rows (18 stitches). Do 2 rows with 18. Then decrease one stitch at each end of the next row (16). 2 rows. Decrease row (14). 2 rows. Decrease row (12). 2 rows. Decrease row (10). Decrease row (8).

Then increase each end for the head. Probably every other row? So it would be knit increase row (10), purl across, increase (12) purl across, increase (14), purl across, knit across.

Then do the same with the decreases, so 12, 12, 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6. I'd probably cast off at 6.

Stitch 'em up and add your ears and embroidery?

If no one can find the original pattern, it's worth a shot. (maybe I'll try one of these guys)

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 12:02PM
donna_loomis

I don't have that exact pattern, but I have one for animals done with that same technique (knitted in one piece and stitched down at the arms and legs. I would be happy to share it with you if you'd like to take a look at it and see if it would be helpful. Send an email to me at donna@goscott.com with "bear pattern" in the subject line and I'll get it to you.

Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 9:43AM
Dash2

You can get the pattern at freepatterns.com
You have to register, but it's free. Then click on knitting; children; toys. It's about 5 rows down.

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 5:44PM
enjoyingspring

No, could not see any bear patterns like the one I am looking for. But thanks

Bookmark   April 21, 2007 at 6:52AM
gardenchick1

This pattern is by Oat Couture. Try googling Oat Couture BB216 Cuddle Toys and you can probably find a yarn shop to order from.

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 9:22PM
More Discussions
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™