Light or Dark colored granite... Please Help!

schurgyJuly 10, 2010

PLEASE HELP!

I've spent hours searching through forums and websites and am now hoping someone here can give advice on pros/cons of dark versus light colored granite countertops for the kitchen.

This is a new home... so right now anything goes! The style is craftsman... and All I know for sure is that we want Rustic Alder Cabinets and will have all stainless appliances. We will also have hard wood floors... color to be determined. Lighting should not be an issue.

I'm looking at New Venetian Gold, Colonial Dream, and Peacock Green.

I want something that will look good... match the style... but more importantly... EASY TO CARE FOR! I'm concerned that if we choose a darker color it will require frequent dusting... but maybe this is not the case?

Thanks in advance for any advice.. and even pictures if you have any of the above listed colors!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you post this on the "Discussions" side of the Kitchens Forum. This is the "Gallery" where people usually post threads for the Finished Kitchen Blog or similar, usually not for discussions.

The Discussions side is also much busier!

I also suggest you check out the "Read Me" thread for newcomers to Kitchens (or old-timers that need more information on something!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Read Me If You're New To GW Kitchens!

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 4:28AM
More Discussions
2LittleFishies Yellow Kitchen Reveal !!! LONG!
OK, here is my finished yellow kitchen thread! Can't...
2LittleFishies
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
kymberie
What to put above kitchen window
I would like some help in finding a unique piece of...
zorroslw1
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
How To Buy a Faucet
Ive lurked and IÂve learned a lot from GardenWeb....
francesca_sf
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™