Crochet a tree cozy

oceannaApril 29, 2008

Bet this is one you haven't tried!

I found these pictures on the web and thought you'd get a chuckle out of them. I doubt sincerely this hurt the tree a bit. This was done by artist Carol Hummel...

Okay, so which of you is going to be the first to try this on your block?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

Now I tea cozy I could understand. I think this is someone with too much time on her hands who loves needlework. She should try making a lap robe for someone in a veterans' hospital or a blanket for the homeless.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 5:57PM
oceanna

It's kind of cool looking, though, don't you think? I'll bet a lot of folks slam on their brakes to look at it. In fact, if you wanted traffic to slow down around your house because of kids playing, this would be a great way to accomplish it.

But yes, a blanket for someone in need would be good.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 6:22PM
FLYONAWALL

Just wondering if they actually worked on it as they went (sitting/climbing the tree......and working around the limbs as they went...? HUH?....) OR got a ladder and went up after they crocheted a few pieces and stitched them together around the limbs....baaaaawaaaaaaaalol) Whatever......but....in my opinion.....a baby blanket or lap blanket for someone in need would definitely have been a better choice....besides...the birds will probably poop all over it. I also wonder if it could be used as a squirrel repellent...that rascal probably wouldn't be able to climb up that without getting its toenails stuck in the yarn.
Yep....someone with too much time on their hands that needs to put it to some more useful or charitable use. (and I'm thinking if you used glow in the dark yarn......what it would look like to aliens)

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 8:36PM
oceanna

It's not something I would do, but it's artistic expression. Surely there is room in the world for that too?

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 3:26AM
bkessed_9_live_com

I think it is absolutely STUNNING! There are pleanty of people who are making boring ol blankets for charities. This is an artistic reach out to nature. Its breath-taking in every way.

Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 4:16PM
Babka NorCal 9b

What a fun, happy project! I'm sure it brings a lot of joy to everyone who sees it.

-Babka

Bookmark   May 2, 2011 at 4:48PM
More Discussions
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™