Please help with Yo, sl1, k1, psso, k2

sally_growerMarch 4, 2012

I am new to knitting and just completed a very pretty scarf called "Feather and Fan", so now I want to do "Christmas Lace" The pattern is Row 1 K3 Yo, sl1, psso, k2; repeat from * Row 2 is p3, *YO, p2 tog, p2; repeat from * to last 3 stitches, Yo p2 together, p1.

I have tried to do this at least 50 times and can not figure out how to do the pass over. Is it the 3rd yarn back that I pass over? I'm so confused now I'm about to give up!

Thanks so much for any advise or help. I did look at u-tube videos, but the only one that had this just confused me more!

Thanks again, Sally

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

I believe there is an error in that pattern. When you slip a stitch, it is impossible to PSSO because there is no stitch to slip the stitch over since it is the last stitch on the needle. Are you sure you have typed this correctly for us?

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 1:04PM
dowlinggram

I agree with Donna. Either you have written it wrong or the pattern is written wrong. In order to pass a slipped stitch over you have to have something between the slipped stitch and the PSSO. You can't pass a slipped stitch over nothing.

I think your pattern should read

Row 1 K3 * Yo, sl1, K1, psso, k2; repeat from *
Row 2 is p3, *YO, p2 tog, p2; repeat from * to last 3 stitches, Yo p2 together, p1.

This makes sense to me because the YO replaces the stitch you remove with the Sl1,K1, PSSO and with the K2 together on the next row

Try it and see if it works

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 10:35PM
sally_grower

Thank you so much for trying to help me, I wish I could find someone to give me lessons! You're right I did type it in wrong! This is a copy of the pattern. It was free on Ravelry ao I hope it's OK to post it.
Is it the 3rd yarn back that I pass over?

Christmas Lace
Size: 76 inches long, 5 inches wide.
Materials:
size 6 knitting needles
2 skeins Inca Alpaca 109 yards/50 grams each
tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Gauge: gauge is not critical as you will block to desired size
Cast on 22 stitches.
Row 1: k3, *YO, sl1, k1, psso, k2; repeat from * to last 3 stitches, YO, sl1, k1, psso, k1
Row 2: p3, *YO, p2tog, p2; repeat from * to last 3 stitches, YO, p2tog, p1
Repeat these two rows until desired length ending with a row 2. Knit 1 row. Bind off and weave in ends. Soak in tepid water for 30
minutes. Lace blocking wires threaded through the outermost row of yarnovers on either side give a lovely even scarf. If you do
not own blocking wires try threading a colorfast thread or string through the yarnovers instead.
Copyright 2007 by Julia Sprague
stingdragon@gmail.com

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 10:13PM
Babka NorCal 9b

No. It would be the second. You take the stitch you slipped and pass it over the one you just knitted. Does that make sense?

-Babka

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 11:59PM
dowlinggram

It is the slipped stitch that you pass over not the yarn over. It is the stitch immediately behind the K1 that you pass over the K1

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 5:39AM
donna_loomis

dowlinggram and babka both told you the same thing, but in different words, and I concur. Put the tip of your left needle (assuming you knit right-handed) into the slipped stitch and pass it over the last stitch you knitted and off the needle.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 9:06AM
sally_grower

Thank you so much everyone. I finally got it and it looks right. After you told me it was the second stich it made sense.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
sesame Street Patterns
I have some charts of the characters. I saw some people...
clare1501
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
Granny Square vest
I knit a lot while riding my exercise bike. I want...
barb_roselover_in
Sponsored Products
Square Shaped Black Linen Shade Acrylic Diffuser Modern Pendant
ParrotUncle
Kids Stuff Orange Cleo 16" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Indoor Ceiling Light with Fan: Hampton Bay Lynwood 52 in. Indoor Oil Rubbed Bron
$99.97 | Home Depot
Sample-Alloy Pavestone 1/2 X 1/2 Marble Tile Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
ELK Lighting Capiza Mini Pendant - 7W in. Matte Black - 72001-1
$176.00 | Hayneedle
Pink US State Map Customizable Print
$18.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™