locate wool sport weight yarn for man's vest

ginnysMarch 11, 2007

Does anyone know where to find wool sport weight or fingering yarn that is reasonably priced & comes in other than baby colors? My husband has a dark blue heather buttoned sweater vest which is worse than thread-bare which I'd like to copy. The yarn would be similar to what I used decades ago to knit socks or dickies (for anyone who remembers them). I've seen others wish Paton made their merino in sport weight, but unfortunately, they don't.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anne_b

You may want to visit www.KnitPicks.com They have a sportweight 100% Peruvian wool called Telemark, 24 colors, $1.99 per 50-gram ball. If you'd rather go with fingering weight, look at their 'Palette' - 30 colors.

I have no connection with the company, but have bought from them for years and am very satisfied. Shipping is free on orders over $45!

Anne B

Here is a link that might be useful: Knit Picks

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 5:25AM
craftfetish

I second the KnitPicks recommendation.

I was quite taken with the Essential line - which is a fingering weight washable wool. Comes in solids and tweeds. Very soft, nice to work with.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 12:53PM
ginnys

Thanks anne b & craftfetish. I had run into KnitPicks on my search but had never heard anything about it or their yarns, nor had I found the 'Palette' possibility. Glad to hear it's a reasonable source!

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 6:50PM
More Discussions
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™