Finished!!!

teppyMay 22, 2009

I've already posted in the discussions before i realized i needed to do it here. sorry. anyway, here are the details.

Granite on perimeter cabs-Cold Spring

Granite on Island-Absolute Black

Stove, Dishwasher, Microwave Drawer- All Viking

Refrigerator-Samsung Quatro

Floors-3/4" Ash with 3/4" subfloor underneath

Cabinet Paint-BM waterborne Impervo "Bavarian Cream"

Island Paint-BM "Sage" with black glaze

Lighting-Cristal

Wall color-BM "olive Branch"

Backsplash-3x6 subways are Sonoma stone in "Cashmere"

Mosaic-custom blend from Somoma in rhomboids. the colors are verde in metals, birch in sonoma reserve, and hemp in tantrum. I also used a bottom trim under the subways by sonoma also in birch.

My cabinets were custom made by a local Cabinet Maker. The only DIY project in this kitchen was the painting. DH also did the electrical. To cusomize my drawers, I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought some teak organizers for my flatwear. I love them. I can't think of anything else to add right now. Thanks, and i hope you enjoy looking.

Here is a link that might be useful: teppy's kitchen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hogar

Oh Teppy!!! WOW!!! It was beautiful before the tile but now it is a masterpiece! I'm so happy for you! Now you can relax, sit and enjoy your kitchen. I'm so excited seeing your gorgeous sonoma tiles!! I had ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and still waiting...I hope my blend looks as good as yours..yours is really to die for! My blend is very similar to yours but I added a % of a red stone blend to tie some of the terracota color in my granite. Oh gosh! believe me or not I also thought about adding the same border tile next to the countertop like yours but I chicken out..and I regret it now..it looks beautiful!!! Oh well, maybe I still have the chance convince my DH to add it...LOL
One question, what liner did you use for your custom build hood? Are you happy with it? Is it quiet?

Bookmark   May 22, 2009 at 7:23PM
teppy

hogar-my liner is an inexpensive broan. my cabinet maker kind of dropped the ball on that one. i hate it. i will change it out as soon as i can. the light is way too dim, and it it very loud! but, it sucks like a vacuume cleaner. i don't like the way the metal shows in the arch cutout. please show me your tile when you get it in. i am really anxious to how it comes out.

Bookmark   May 24, 2009 at 9:30PM
buehl

Wonderful! I especially like your rolling pin storage...great idea!

Oh, and you've inspired me to get even more drawer dividers for even better organization...all your drawers are so well organized!

Bookmark   May 25, 2009 at 7:32AM
suzatwork

Hi Teppy - I have had your kitchen bookmarked for years because I love, love, love your stools. I finished my kitchen back in 2009, shortly after you completed yours but still haven't found stools that I like more than yours or that would fit in my small space. DrewChan still has your style - but they are expensive (plus I would need to have them shipped). But if the comfort is there and they are of good quality I am ready to bite the bullet. Would you mind sharing with me how they have held up? Also, are they comfortable without the cushions?

Thanks!
Suzanne

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 5:37PM
More Discussions
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Can anybody plz recommend a custom cabinetmaker in South Denver area?
Hello! This is my first time posting; I'm in the first...
ponderosafarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™