ergonomic crochet hooks

sorie6March 21, 2009

Anyone here use these or have any suggestions what to use for hands that get tired.Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_ferguson

I did a google and JoAnn's has ergonomic crochet hooks.
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2873&PRODID=prd32203
and, I'm sure there are others, too. Just use the subject "ergonomic crochet hooks' and see what else you can come up with.

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 8:48AM
sorie6

Thanks.

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 5:38PM
shaddy101

First and foremost, don't spend hours crocheting, whether with thread, or yarn, do some time, and go do something else, and come back, several times a day, hands will get tired regardless of what you are doing, and carpal tunnel is the culprit.
Giving the hands a chance to work at something different is the real key here, and really the hooks ergonomic or otherwise aren't going to make a heck of a difference. Just be good to yourself, and you will learn how to roll with the punches. Crochet is my passion, but I don't breath and eat it, have to take breaks is the key.

Bookmark   March 23, 2009 at 3:01AM
dacarsha

Hi There! I understand your problem...I have arthritis, tendonitis and fibromyalgia! I agree with Shaddy101, I have found that if I am crocheting and things get to hurting, I alternate with knitting or another project and it helps. I also use a product called StoPain...just spray it on and it really stops the pain for 1 to 3 hours!

Here's a link to see what it looks like:
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100963&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod18886

I think those ergonomic needles only help depending on how you hold the crochet hook. I bought one with a big handle and found that I hold the thing like a pencil, close to the hook. That big handle didn't help me at all.

Hope this helps you some... Dana in TX

Bookmark   March 23, 2009 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
I want to learn to knit or crochet.
I have no one to teach me. Which is easier to learn...
eclair
Crochet Owl Fingerless Gloves
If you have some left over yarn you can easily to make...
jane_green
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™