Cat messed up sock project!!!

socksMarch 13, 2008

The cat became so tangled in the sock I just started (3/4" of ribbing done) that he had to break the yarn to extract her, my project and a feathered toy! What a mess.

I'm so disappointed. The stitches are all still on the 3 needles, but now I have to join the yarn. What's the best way--just knit a few stitches with two strands and weave them in later?

Darn!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cannahavana

Yes I would knit a few stitches with both strands and weave in later.

I feel your pain! With two young kids and two cats, I have all but quit using straight needles. I am constantly interrupted on my projects and will lay my project aside on the coffee table. I now will only knit with circulars, so that I can pull the stitches to the middle when I have to set a project down and know that they are pretty safe from mishaps. And, yes, I have chased a cat down the hall with needles dragging beside her and a skein unraveling in the living room!

Rebecca

Bookmark   March 13, 2008 at 8:03PM
donna_loomis

My personal preference would be to just start knitting with the second strand and weave the ends in later. Less bulk than using both strands, even for a few stitches.

Bookmark   March 13, 2008 at 10:09PM
socks

Thank you both.

Rebecca, you do have your hands full with your kids, kats, and knitting! I honestly don't think I could knit with all that "help." LOL!

I'll try knitting with two strands, and if it looks too bulky, I'll take it out and do as you suggested, Donna. Two strands might not be too noticeable on the ribbing.

Bookmark   March 13, 2008 at 11:05PM
feedingfrenzy

If you just start knitting with the second strand, wouldn't that leave a hole? I would make sure to twist the two strands once before weaving them in.

Bookmark   March 16, 2008 at 12:07PM
socks

I knitted a few stitches with two strands, and it looks ok so far. I haven't woven them in yet. Feeding, you mean to twist them together, then weave?

Bookmark   March 16, 2008 at 9:12PM
More Discussions
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™