Kitchen Help Needed!!! What color cabinets to do???

gmangiaApril 11, 2011

I need help... on what color kitchen cabinet to do. I love deep contrasts weather it's light/dark....dark/light. I'm torn between going with a antique-y white or go with a med/dark wood color. I am breaking the wall between the kitchen and dining room to make way for a peninsula (have 3 kids and the formal dining room and small eat in kitchen just isn't cutting it when we have lots of guests. Trying to achieve a family friendly but traditional/transitional look (house is side hall colonial). The dining room is attached to a large living room with built in cabinetry painted white. My fear is if I go with white kitchen, then the house will be too white....another fear is if I go with a med/dark wood tone, will it close up the kitchen? On the other side of the kitchen is a large den. I'll try to post pictures but need help...thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cflaherty

What color wood do u have currently in surrounding rooms?
What i am thinking of doing is carmel colored maple for main cabinets and cream colored island and hutch for he DR. We r doing something very similar..opening up the space..just an opinion..dark wood needs a lot of dusting ..I have it in our MB and would never get it again...i have kids also.
See if you can post some pics of current space.

Bookmark   April 15, 2011 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Help! White Kitchen, dark counter and gold/brass fixtures???
Actual kitchen; it's dark and dull! My husband and...
Azalia Speight
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™