Can anybody help me with a Christmas Stocking?

trinitytxMarch 23, 2008

My sister is coming to visit me, and I am trying to put a special package together for her.

She is just now finishing treatment for breast cancer, and this has been a crappy year for us both. My goal is to try and bring back some of her childhood for her visit.

I need to find somebody that can knit back her Christmas stocking. Somehow in all our years it has been lost, and she mentioned to me that she would love to have it back.

I know I can't come up with the real thing, but I have pictures of our stockings, and I also have my original that could be used as a pattern. It is from 1957, so it is a bit old, but the real thing non the less.

I will pay dearly if somebody will help me.

Trinity

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_ferguson

If you knit, you could just graph out a stocking, and then apply the 'cute' stuff with duplicate stitch. it shouldn't be hard...just get some graph paper and make each square a stitch..then make a pattern of whatever it is is on the stockings (hopefully, it's not to detailed) Duplicate stitch is not difficult to do, and would be, I think, easier that trying to incorporate the design into the actual knitting of the stocking. I can't help but think this stocking would be much more meaningful for your sister if YOU made it for her. You could also 'translate' it by making a stocking of an appropriate white fabric (or, buying a white sweater and cutting the stocking from that material, and sewing it up....then putting the design on with duplicate.

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 12:59PM
mommytomany

Can you send me a picture of your stocking?

Bookmark   March 26, 2008 at 8:41AM
laurenjay

I just went through the same thing for my sister. A mouse had eaten the angora that was Santa's beard on our childhood X-mas stocking. The entire face was destroyed. I had to rip out half the stocking and reknit it copying one of the other stockings that was still intact. If you post a picture of the stocking, maybe I can help.

Bookmark   March 27, 2008 at 2:30PM
trinitytx

I have found someone to help me from the Kitchen Table forum, but I want to thank you all for your willingness to help me. this is a huge deal for my sister and a surprise as well. I appreciate you all for reaching out to help me.

Trin

Bookmark   March 28, 2008 at 6:54PM
More Discussions
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
Sponsored Products
nuLOOM Hand Knotted Wool Overdyed Solid Green Rug (7' 6 x 9' 6)
Overstock.com
Base Wastebasket Cabinet
CliqStudios Cabinets
Ingo Maurer | Hot Achille Floor/Ceiling Lamp
$880.00 | YLighting
Augusta Bird Cage
Grandin Road
Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
12" Creed Extra-Deep Hammered Copper Bar Sink
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for: