Hearts Afghan

mommytomanyMarch 11, 2008

I just received the latest Mary Maxim catalog and on page 28 is a kit for the Hearts Afghan (knitted) designed by Lynda Cady. I've been searching for a pattern just like this one in baby size. Would anyone happen to have what I'm looking for? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

That afghan isn't very big to begin with. But I think that if you use baby yarn and a smaller hook, you'll have the perfect size. Send me an email.

Bookmark   March 11, 2008 at 6:39PM
mommytomany

Thanks for replying Donna but I think you are looking at Grandma's Heart which is a heart shaped afghan on the same page. The one I'm looking for is the Knitted Pattern called "Hearts Afghan by Lynda Cady"

The following link should take you to a picture of it.
Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of Hearts Afghan

Bookmark   March 11, 2008 at 7:28PM
starvingartist

I have some really pretty ones that are simialr but they are crocheted -if you are interested let me know :)
Leslie

Bookmark   March 11, 2008 at 8:51PM
donna_loomis

You're right, Mommy. I was thinking of Grandma's Heart. Sorry. But I do have a pattern for a nice heart afghan.

1.jpg

Bookmark   March 11, 2008 at 11:11PM
mommytomany

Starving, I would appreciate any heart afghan patterns you might have even if they are crochet. Thank you very much!

Donna, I actually have the book this pattern came from but I certainly do appreciate your help. Looks like I might have to break down eventually and buy this kit just for the pattern.

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 8:12AM
wam1174

In the baby afghan I made it had a heart in each square. One sq. had a heart with a mesh background, and the other sq. would have a mesh background with a solid heart in the middle. You would alternate the squares, then put a crochet a ruffle all around the edge of blanket. This isn't the heart afghan that someone was looking for. My afghan doesn't look like the Hearts Afghan, but makes a nice baby gift to make up.
Wanda

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 6:59PM
mommytomany

That sounds like a beautiful blanket. Would you happen to have a picture of it or willing to share the pattern?

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 7:39PM
profsusan

You're in luck since both Crochet Pattern Central and Knitting Pattern Central have a directory page of all things "heart" - I like the Heart Baby Blanket on the Knitting page and I have made the Hearts and Diamond Afghan on the Crochet page.

Have fun exploring!

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 7:39PM
More Discussions
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™