My first kitchen update- advice?

smalikMarch 7, 2010

Just purchased my first place and the kitchen needs some help.

I would like to cut a pass through window in the wall next to the fridge and put a little counter there with barstools on the other side (its the living room). I'm not sure what kind of countertops to use that won't be so heavy that I can't have a little overhang into the living room.

A new stove/oven range is coming where the current stove top is. I'm not sure what to do with the space that currently houses the two (cute!) ovens. Maybe a large pantry door? All cabinets are staying but will be repainted (can I do it myself?) and have new hardware.

Any suggestions or changes? I don't want to change the location of the plumbing or electrical, and I know I need new counters, but what type? My budget, excluding appliances is 5-8k.

Pictures are below:

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

Welcome! You've posted on the less frequented side of kitchens.

If you haven't already, I recommend you re-post this thread on the "Discussions" side of the Kitchens Forum. This is the "Gallery" side where people post finished kitchens for adding to the Finished Kitchens Blog or for photo-heavy threads like the Pantry thread.

Additionally, a to-scale and fully labeled floor plan really helps us give meaningful advice. See the "Layout" post in the "Read Me" thread for more information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read Me If You're New To GW Kitchens!

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 1:47AM
More Discussions
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
Barker cabinet samples
Does anyone have any barker cabinet samples that they're...
tigger9759
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™