American Girl Doll Poncho (crochet) Pattern, anyone?

missemeraldMarch 6, 2009

My daughter got her first American Girl doll recently (first? I've heard that this always leads to more of them...?) and she really wants me to make a poncho and hat for her. I have the hat pattern but cannot find a poncho to crochet. The only (big) ones I have made in the past are the kind where you crochet two rectangles and stitch them together. I would like to try making the kind that is one big square with a hole in the middle and fringe on the sides. On the internet, I find lots of knitted patterns for AGD but no crochet. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Marcy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Vickey__MN

Here is a list of crochet doll clothes...one is a doll poncho, not that cute, but gives you basic, so you could make up your own pattern. Plus gives ideas for other outfits.

Vickey-MN

Here is a link that might be useful: Crochet doll clothes

Bookmark   March 13, 2009 at 12:26PM
sharronmama

I found a nice sweater pattern and some other AGD stuff online (free). Just google 18 inch doll clothes crochet patterns. If you don't have any luck maybe I can find the specific sites.

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 8:52AM
goodin45_aol_com

leisure arts has a really cute trio of patterns called dolly and me I don't know the number of the book I have done it so many times I know it by heart. Good luck.

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™