Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn

Babka NorCal 9bMarch 25, 2012

Has anyone here used this yarn? I've determined that I need to rewind the skein into a ball and stick it in a bag to knit with it. When I use it straight off the outside of the skein as suggested I THINK that is the "wrong" side of the yarn. It probably doesn't make much difference because the sparkly edge shows either way. Just knit-picking, so to speak. I just wonder what anyone else thought. Also, every third or fourth row I can dangle the plastic bag to un-twist the yarn. It sure is fun to work with otherwise.

-Babka

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I've never knitted with it, Babka, but I looked your yarn up on Ravelry, and there were 5 comments about it, 4 of them positive, and even the 5th one (below) wasn't so bad.

"I agree that it is a fun and fast knit; and, the results are very striking.

I did, however, have several long sections, in the skein I bought, in which the lower band was not attached to the open mesh. I had to use a tiny crochet hook and sewing thread to attach it so it was not noticable."

What are you making?

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 6:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka NorCal 9b

Hi socks! I'm making the scarf on the yarn label band. It only takes one skein and about 4-5 hours to make a 6' long scarf. What fun. Red Heart has a video that shows how easy it is to do. I've made several of them, but just wanted concurrence on which side is the "right" side, if there is one.

-Babka

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 12:43AM
More Discussions
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
sesame Street Patterns
I have some charts of the characters. I saw some people...
clare1501
Granny Square vest
I knit a lot while riding my exercise bike. I want...
barb_roselover_in
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™