Boring

minnie_txMarch 30, 2009

I'm so bored with the yarn I'm usiong right now. I doing a gigantic square granny and the color is a nice pale green but I almost hate to sit down and finish it. I think I need a little varigated yarn in my life right now

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MollyDog

That is so funny...my nephew wanted a red afghan and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I did a couple of rows and quit until I got a different color. Color seems to inspire me.

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 8:21AM
dollydolots

I did the same....My DD found an afghan she liked and asked me if I would crochet it for her. She wanted it in baby pink. I started it 2 years ago and finally finished it this month. I kept getting so I would set it down and not get back to it for months. I dislike pink.
She doesn't know I have finished so will be quite surprised
when she visits us for Easter.
Dolly

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 1:05PM
minnie_tx

Thanks I'm so glad I'm not the only one lol

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 1:23PM
socks

Minnie, why don't you put it aside for a while? I know exactly how you feel. It's why I like socks; things change as you go along.

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 9:19PM
minnie_tx

I wa at Walmart today an got three skeins (the last three) of Aspen Print color (Red Heart) and just did the next row and feel a lot better now. And they were on sale for $2 also.

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 10:15PM
love2knit

I always knew I didn't like the color orange, but didn't realize how much until knitting with a yarn that had wide stripes of many colors. When the orange came up, I actually hated knitting with it until the color changed again. And wouldn't you know it, but no matter how I wear the scarf, the orange part is in the front - LOL

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 9:29AM
socks

Now orange is a nice color!! Try to make friends with it! LOL!

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 9:51AM
flynflower

Yayyyyyyyyy I'm not the only fish in the sea! lolol yellow drives me nuts!

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 9:54AM
wantoretire_did

I save my boring projects for when I'm too tired to think or just want to relax for a little while. We are trying to sell our house so I don't have a lot of down time but do have a lot of stress.......:-(

Bookmark   April 2, 2009 at 4:33PM
dotmom

I thought I was the only one who is color sensitive. I have to truly like the color or I just can't work on it. I'm not at all fond of pink, and I just can't abide pink & yellow together. It sounds dumb, but I actually get nauseous when I see those two colors together. Dottie

Bookmark   April 4, 2009 at 1:29PM
diggerb2

uh, i so agree with the need to like the color that you are knitting. i have an amazing ski sweater that my brother had my mom knit for me one year for chistmas. i have no idea how she managed to get thru knitting it. it's primary red and primary blue in one of those geometric nordic patterns.
even in the dark that thing 'glows' if i had done it i would have gone cuckoo.

when i'm working at something that drives me crazy like that, i usually set it aside and do another project and come back to it to give myself a break. last summer i did
a baby blanket (k1, k1b, p1, p1b) on #4 needles that was
326 stitches across a row. it took 4 skiens of yarn
and ended up being about 45x60 inches. i started it in february and just managed to get it done by october (i have a long definition for summer)

diggerb

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 5:40PM
donna_loomis

That's how I felt about the Delft Delight afghan that took me nearly FIVE years to finish! It was pretty, but so boring, I found any excuse to continually work on other projects. I finally decided that I had to finish it because it was a huge blanket and was taking up a lot of space. Just as I was finishing weaving in the last of the ends my daughter walked in and begged to have it. So now it is out of my life forever, and I couldn't be happier!

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 6:57PM
More Discussions
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
Lined Mittens
I am knitting my first pair of mittens. Have not knitted...
colorcrazy
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™