Help with Felted Purse

crochetmamaMarch 25, 2009

I sure could use some suggestions on increasing the height of a felted purse. I followed the insructions exactly but the bag is too wide and not high enough for the width. How would you suggest I add to the height of the bag after it is felted? Any suggestions are welcome TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_ferguson

Well, you can't undo what has been done to the work you've already completed, so you'll just have to make a piece to attach to the top (or the bottom) of it, to make it taller. You could use the same yarn, or a different colored one....just use the same weight yarn and make it the same way you did the bag, the same # of stitches around,etc and felt it...taking it out periodically, to ensure it ends up the same size round as the bag....then sew it to the top (or the bottom) of the bag, and I'd make a 'big deal' out of this process.... you can't make it invisible, so I'd call attention to it...for instance, sew it together with sewing thread, but then top stitch over this, using some sort of fancy embroidery stitch...I'd use a different color for this, too. I'd then use this different color somewhere else on the bag....more embroidery, tassels, buttons sewed on with it, etc...the idea is to make it look, not like an error, but as if it were planned..(that's why I'd make the 'new' piece in a completely different color)!
Good luck.

Bookmark   March 25, 2009 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
Bargello-like Long Crochet Potholder pattern
When I was a kid (70's?), I made my mom some potholders...
lascatx
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™