Stuffed

dcarch7April 4, 2012

Cabbage was on sale on St. Pat�s Day for $0.25 a lb. I got a few. Now I have to use them up before they dry out.

Stuffed cabbage is an easy and delicious recipe.

I played with stuffing the cabbage so it looked like the whole head of cabbage was still closed never was openned.

dcarch Openning up the leaves

Stuffed and cooked

Plated

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ynnej

Dcarch, do you have a blog? Or a book out? I could look at your creations all day.

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 12:49AM
foodonastump

Wow that sure takes stuffed cabbage to a new level. Very nicely done!

It's around 2am and you inspired me to go outside and eat forsythia. Doesn't taste much, but it was pretty on your plate. I always love when they're is in full bloom and they're certainly abundant right now around here. Just wish they weren't so brush-like the the rest of the year.

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 2:20AM
Islay_Corbel

That's lovely!

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 6:03AM
jasdip

Wow! I can't imagine the time and incredible effort you took to do this Dcarch! Did you sous verde the cabbage to make it easier to work with?

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 7:36AM
Rusty

You have out done yourself,
Again ! ! !
Absolutely amazing! ! !
And I really love that it is stuffed cabbage,
NOT drenched in some type of tomato sauce!

Looks So-o-o-o-oo--oo-oooo good!
I'm drooling. . . . .

Rusty

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 10:25AM
dcarch7

Thank you everyone, you are very kind to put up with my silly food play.

Jenny, I don't have a blog or a WEB site. May be I should at some point. I get a few e. mails often asking questions, and it takes time to keep on repeating the same thing.

FOAS, you are right about forsythia does not have a strong taste, but it has interesting medicinal uses. However, if the medicinal effect doesn't go away in four hours, see a doctor right away. LOL!

Jasdip, actually, it doesn't take much time to do this. The leaves are cooked slightly and it gets easy to do things with.

Rusty, I feel the same way. I don't put tomato sauce on stuffed cabbage or ketchup on meatloaf.

dcarch

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 7:30PM
caliloo

As I recall, Martha Stewart did a whole stuffed cabbage several decades ago - yours is reminiscent.

I prefer mine with a reddish sauce - paprika and a bit of tomato are the way my dear old Mom used to make it, but thanks for the reminder. It has been way too long!

Alexa

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 5:11AM
foodonastump

dcarch, I made a forsythia salad last night. I ate it all; my wife was stuffed.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 9:34AM
caflowerluver

Yum! I love stuffed cabbage and your presentation is unbelievable.
Clare

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 3:56PM
jimster

I don't comment often on your posts, dcarch, because I end up posting something shallow, something which amounts to little more than "Wow"! Which is appropriate but gets repetitious and leaves me wishing I could explain why I have that reaction to your work.

You refer to your works as "silly food play" and, indeed, they are playful (though not silly). Good art can be viewed as play at a high level.

I am always surprised by the originality of your work. Originality is a valuable quality in art and is not often attained. But originality alone is not enough to qualify a creation as art. Art must have intrinsic aesthetic qualities and yours does. It would take many screensful of text to explain, so I won't attempt to analyze the ways it does. But it does.

One piece of advice I can offer, which you yourself have often expressed is "keep on having fun".

Jim

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 4:45PM
chase_gw

looks fabulous! You must have the patience of Job.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 5:56PM
jimster

I don't comment often on your posts, dcarch, because I end up posting something shallow, something which amounts to little more than "Wow"! Which is appropriate but gets repetitious and leaves me wishing I could explain why I have that reaction to your work.

You refer to your works as "silly food play" and, indeed, they are playful (though not silly). Good art can be viewed as play at a high level.

I am always surprised by the originality of your work. Originality is a valuable quality in art and is not often attained. But originality alone is not enough to qualify a creation as art. Art must have intrinsic aesthetic qualities and yours does. It would take many screensful of text to explain, so I won't attempt to analyze the ways it does. But it does.

One piece of advice I can offer, which you yourself have often expressed is "keep on having fun".

Jim

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 7:41PM
dcarch7

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone.

FOAS, "---my wife was stuffed"

LOL, I hope she did not look like my stuffed cabbage.

Jim, thank you for your generous remarks. I don't think I deserve them.

What I do with food does not take a lot of skills, unlike food carving and food decorating.
What I do with food does not add cost to food.
And what I do with food, after a little while, becomes automatic and does not take a lot of time.

I am happy that I can add so much more to the gustatory enjoyment without much investment. I am here to share that happiness with everyone.

dcarch

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 7:56AM
Rusty

"I am here to share that happiness with everyone."

And I, for one,
And many of the others, too,
Continue to appreciate.
And look forward to,
Your imaginative creations.

Rusty

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 11:54AM
More Discussions
Cookout for 150 people
I am having a cookout for my son's graduation, and...
Teffanie Hughett West
The Monkey Princess makes pasta and pies
The Princess has Italian grandparents on Dave's side,...
annie1992
Help with baked eggs and a new oven
Hi - we recently got a new oven (Thermador) and my...
peggysugar
Food for sore mouths..
I just had a tooth extracted - and I have a very sore...
agmss15
Inspire Me PLEASE!
I am currently on a very restrictive “life style...
moosemac
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™