Anyone have 'Knit 2 Together'? Confused re: Santa Cruz Hoodie

bayareafrancyMarch 8, 2009

I want to make the Santa Cruz hoodie from the book Knit 2 Together. However, I am very confused about how the sizes are listed, and how the yarn requirements are listed. So I have no idea how much yarn is needed, or how much to cast on, or what measurement goes with what.

Basically, total confusion! :-)

I can be more specific if anyone has the book...

Btw, I don't have the whole book (maybe she explains all her terms elsewhere in the book)--just a xerox for the hoodie.

Thanks!

francy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

Yarn requirements are only a guide. You could need more. I do not have this pattern, but are you experienced in reading patterns? What is the problem? Can you write out verbatim where you are confused? Then we can help.

Bookmark   March 8, 2009 at 3:27AM
bayareafrancy

I finally figured it out!

I was thrown b/c she uses a string of size numbers plus greater than/less than symbols. Then, the yarn requirements follow, and the commas and symbols made it hard to figure out how much yarn for each size.

Whew.

I was surprised to see (once I finally interpreted it) that the yarn requirements only differ by 3 balls for a size 6 kid sweater compared to a size 42" adult sweater. Only 3 balls (I think it was 15 vs 18)?

Now I just need to find an appropriate super bulky yarn (easy for me, but hard for my son--so much of it is very fluffy and/or shiny. And no bulky wool ease--way too itchy. And machine wash only. And cheap! etc. etc. etc.)

:-)

francy

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 12:10PM
love2knit

I just picked up my copy that I got from the library. That really is confusing, not only because of so many sizes - with the adult sizes separated by but with two colors of yarn, and amounts for each color, too.

Instead of a bulky yarn, you may want to consider knitting two strands together to get the right guage. That will give you more yarn choices.

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 1:33PM
More Discussions
Crochet Owl Fingerless Gloves
If you have some left over yarn you can easily to make...
jane_green
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™