Seeking help.......

budsterMarch 17, 2007

I know we have had this discussion before but I can't find it on any of the postings.....what is the needle and yarn work called that is done on the large single knitting needle with a crochet hook on the end? I thought it was something like cro-knit ...... does anyone have any sites where it is explained on how to use the needle with a pattern or two? I'm seeking the information for a senior who was given a couple needles and we are trying to figure out just what to do with them. Thank you. Budster

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If it has a crochet hook on each end it is the Cro-hook or sometimes called Crochetnit.

    Bookmark   March 17, 2007 at 8:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Budster, try Some call it Tunisian crochet. I have done it, but can't remember how I did it!
I know Annies still has patterns for it, as I get thier news letters by eamil and have seen some there.


    Bookmark   March 17, 2007 at 3:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think you use it to make the afghan stitch. It has another name too, but I forget it. It is one of those projects that I will try one of these blue moons.

    Bookmark   March 17, 2007 at 9:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

This might be what you are looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tunisian Crochet

    Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 5:48AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Inrtersting link, dragonfly. Thank you for showing me something new.

    Bookmark   March 20, 2007 at 10:04AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Here are the web sites for free patterns using the chochetnit hook and the cro-hook.

    Bookmark   March 21, 2007 at 12:14AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for all the help. You got us going in the right direction. Budster

    Bookmark   March 21, 2007 at 4:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'm attempting to make an afghan using the afghan stitch, but the ends are curling up really badly! any of you good folks out there know any ways to un-curl them?

    Bookmark   March 25, 2007 at 1:47AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It is the nature of the beast. The only thing I am aware of is to make an edging of several rows of some type. And blocking will help, but it really can't be avoided with the afghan stitch.

    Bookmark   March 25, 2007 at 3:17AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
Sponsored Products
Chesterfield Sofa in Black
$1,399.00 | LexMod
Simplicity by Strasser Cabinets 48 in. Tri-View Medicine Cabinet in Dark Alder
Home Depot
Progress Lighting Wall Mounted Penfield Collection Oil Rubbed Bronze 1-light
Home Depot
Onyx Mirrored Modern Night Stand
Zuri Furniture
Martina Flushmount by Modiss
$436.80 | Lumens
Jackson Oil Rubbed Bronze Six-Light Chandelier with Flat White Opal Glass
$212.96 | Bellacor
Niles Wall Sconce by Philips Forecast Lighting
$58.00 | Lumens
Ruched Velvet European Sham - PLATINUM (EUROPEAN)
$155.90 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™