OT---Pics of the Porches...

trailrunnerbikerDecember 14, 2008

Several folks asked to see the porches this year. I just made a slide show of the pics I took tonight. It only includes 32 porches but is a pretty good sample of our neighborhood. I hope you enjoy . Excuse the OT....Caroline

Here is a link that might be useful: 2008 Pics of porches

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
danielle00

Those are great! We have a huge porch-- what an inspiration to do something with it during the holidays (although due to our kitchen project, I think I'll have to hope for some good sales after the holidays and aim for next year). What a neat neighborhood you have.

Bookmark   December 14, 2008 at 8:30PM
bill_vincent

It's only our first year, and we've got alot to do yet, but atleast it's SOMETHING!!

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 8:16PM
trailrunnerbiker

WOW Bill....that looks great ! I have tiny white lights on my tea olive trees in front of the wall but they don't photo well...probably me not the camera LOL> Thank you for sharing your picture.

Thank you Danielle...I will look forward to your finished pics.

I had this on the other side but got a note from GW that it was OT and to please refrain...so I hope others see it . Funny how some OT stuff stays and other goes :) Caroline

Bookmark   December 16, 2008 at 9:32AM
morton5

What cheery pictures. Trailrunner, your neighborhood looks like a great place. Bill, I know just what my kids would say about your house--"Now that's what I call decorating!" I'm a fan of both colored lights and outlining the house's architecture.

Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 7:44PM
krissd

Hi Trailrunner - I have never seen anything like that! We're in Oregon, and we get rain and snow so i don't know how those figures would work here. Where in the world do you find Santas like that? I do have a covered porch, and would love to have one (someday). Thanks for sharing!

Bookmark   March 7, 2009 at 11:22AM
trailrunnerbiker

Just now checking back here. The Santas are one of a kind made by a person that used to live in this neighborhood. I have printed out the history in the past. You can find it by Google Victorian Porch Tour Opelika AL. Jan Jones was the person with all the inspiration. She still has the Santas and has a workshop in MS. If you Google her name you will probably find some info. Ours are now owned by the city and they are only out for those few days a year to preverve them. Feel free to email me for any more info, c

Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 10:20PM
krissd

Hey, thanks for replying. I will look into it, but I doubt they could be on my porch here in Oregon. They are beautiful, though.

Bookmark   May 3, 2009 at 12:30AM
More Discussions
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
What does it take to become a kitchen designer?
I know there were posts on the subject several years...
sjerin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™