Looking for baby newsboy cap pattern

gaylemhFebruary 21, 2011

Hi Everyone,

My daughter asked me if I could knit my year old grandson a hat like John Wayne wore in Quiet Man for St Patrick's day. I think they are called newsboy caps or driving caps. I have found something similar for adults, but can't find anything similar for a baby. Anyone know where I could find it?



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'm not familiar with the John Wayne movie, but I do know the hat style.

Ravelry is your friend -- this is a great knitting site.

Here is a link that might be useful: A quick selection of patterns from Ravelry

    Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 2:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here is one in crochet.


Here is a link that might be useful: knitpicks newboy cap

    Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 1:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Wonder if this might help.


    Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 6:33PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
reading a rowan pattern
I'm new to Rowan patterns and am puzzled from the beginning....
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
Crochet Owl Fingerless Gloves
If you have some left over yarn you can easily to make...
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™