Has anyone read 'Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off'???

ct_irisFebruary 19, 2008

This book is hilarious! I recognize myself on so many pages. I borrowed it from the library but am thinking of buying a copy for myself. It's sub-titled "The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting" - no patterns, but lot's of info, encouragement and inspiration. And laughs!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I'm reading Yarn Harlot, Secret Life of a Knitter by Stephanie McPhee. Sometimes it really is funny because I see myself in what she's writing. One chapter wasn't so funny though, the one where she thought she had "cereal" moths but of course it turned out to be moths infesting her precious yarn stash. I never thought much about moths, but I know they lay their eggs in wool. I'm more careful now.

Bookmark   April 13, 2008 at 5:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
damascusannie

I've got "At Knit's End." All of Stephanie's stuff is a hoot. I loved the story of the well-meaning relative that used to knit mittens for Stephanie's family and their cousins. She'd send one mitten from each pair to each family to encourage them to get together to match their mittens. Interesting idea, but since they lived like a 1000 miles apart, it never happened and they never did get to have matching mittens.

Annie

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 9:05AM
More Discussions
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
reading a rowan pattern
I'm new to Rowan patterns and am puzzled from the beginning....
mdwimm
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™