Lee Wards Baby Blanket

milney_51031February 21, 2010

Hi..wondering if anyone knows where I can find the Lee Wards reversible shell baby blanket?? I'd like to buy it but difficult since, I believe, Lee Wards has gone out of business. Thanks. Janice

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_ferguson

I did a google and came up with this...would it work?
http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/2004/10/2Â

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 10:35AM
Babka NorCal 9b

Sandra-

Thank you for finding that one! It was fun to read the comments about the pattern, with the names like Lee Wards and Super Yarn Mart. One of the yarns that I'm currently using on some plastic canvas stuff is an off-white "orlon" (!)yarn from Super Yarn Mart! I have a few other skeins from there that say "undetermined content", that I've saved over the years. Yikes, over 30 years. The first yarn project that I ever made was a Daisy Afghan from Lee Wards that was advertised in the Sunday paper. Ah, memories. ;-)

-Babka

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 2:37PM
milney_51031

Thank you Sandra. The pattern sounds like it would be very similar. The original couldn't be posted because of copyright laws after reading all the posts. I'm going to give it a try. Sounds like a neat, fun pattern. Janice

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 9:23PM
acraftylady

Saw this posted else where on the net and someone said the opposite attracts set on this page is exactly the same as she compared it to a blanket she has. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: baby blanket

Bookmark   February 26, 2010 at 11:00PM
suestandridge_att_net

I made Lee Wards reversible shell baby blanket years ago, and have lost the pattern. I would greatly appreciate finding this pattern again. Does anyone have it?

Bookmark   February 12, 2011 at 3:22PM
milney_51031

Hi .. I did find the blanket pattern after much searching on the net. The one I found is on Yarn Lover's Room sight called Reversible Baby Afghan. If you do a search for Yarn Lover's Room, her page will pull up. I found a post from a person that said she had the original copy of the pattern & she stated that Yarn Lover's pattern was identical to her pattern. That's why I chose that pattern. It worked up beautifully. It's such a neat pattern. Janice.
P.S. If you need more help, let me know.

Bookmark   February 12, 2011 at 8:35PM
More Discussions
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
I want to learn to knit or crochet.
I have no one to teach me. Which is easier to learn...
eclair
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
profsusan
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™