Chemo hats

flynflowerFebruary 22, 2009

Hi I was just dX with cancer and will need chemo and it is likely I will be losing the rest of my hair. I've lost a lot of hair already due to massive weight loss. I crochet and knit but am a beginner in knitting. I would like some pretty patterns for hats to wear to church and shopping. Do any of you have any patterns to share>?

I'm not real good, but I want to give it a try at least. I don't want to walk around bald, I'm not that brave.

Patricia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
huggybear_2008

flynflower.. First of all you are in my prayers.. God Bless you .. here is a site that has some patterns for knitting and crocheting..
I hope they help.. and heck.. I think bald women are just awesome.. My sweet sister was bald.. and she was a beauty..
http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/patterns.htm
Huggybear

Bookmark   February 22, 2009 at 5:54PM
starvingartist

Patricia you are in my prayers also! Send me your e-mail address at lkisser@comcast.net (First letter is an "L". I have some crochet Chemo hats and some are really cute!!
God Bless,
Leslie

Bookmark   February 24, 2009 at 7:16PM
veljean

Flynflower,

Please send me your address and I can mail you some crocheted hats. I make hats, for my cancer center and the hospital year round and I keep a lot in stock. I have different colors and styles, cotton yarn and acrylic. email me @...AVL228@hotmail.com
Thanks, Veljean

Bookmark   February 25, 2009 at 10:23AM
flynflower

Hi Everyone, sorry I didn't come back right away, I was too sick and in the hospital getting treatment. I've been trying to crochet a pretty hat, but my eyes are hurting. I have a pattern I love, but I am having trouble with it. I think something must have been left out something in the translation. because it looks more like a dolie than a hat right now. lol. It's real pretty, lacy fan pattern and white for summer, cotton yarn. My email is flynflower@triad.rr.com
thank you for your support and your prayers.
Hugs Patricia

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 5:41PM
flynflower

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=108&d_id=26&lang=us

this is the hat I am trying to make , I wish I could get it done. I got as far as the first row of fans and got confused. I'm using Paton's Grace yarn in white . It's 100% mercerized cotton.

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 6:16PM
flynflower

But I get so confused with their directions. This hat will be perfect for summer for me. I like the color too.
I think when they translate the norweigian into English something is lost. But I'm trying, just not getting very far.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chemo hat

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 2:34AM
pandora429

Patricia'
Would you like me to crochet the hat for you?? I looked at it and would not have a problem with it at all. You can contact me at mama40@gmail.com. I would be happy to help and make several if you like this hat. Let me know, it would be my pleasure..
Marlene

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 5:09PM
More Discussions
reading a rowan pattern
I'm new to Rowan patterns and am puzzled from the beginning....
mdwimm
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
Looking For Annie's bed doll crochet Collections
Hi I am interested in collecting Annie's bed doll crochet...
rj2ajs6
Looking for pattern
Hi everyone..... Hope you had a great Christmas. I...
francy13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™