Which toaster oven

CA KateMarch 30, 2014

Now that I mostly cook for one I'm finding that I frequently don't bake something I want just because I don't want to heat up the big oven for ... say... two cookies or a small meal.

Therefore, I'm thinking about getting a large Toaster Oven. Do any of you have one that you would recommend.. or say to stay away from?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
compumom

Yes, the Breville Smart Oven. There's a thread ongoing a few pages back. I bought one last month and love it!

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 1:12AM
dcarch7

Whatever you get, I love mine with convection and rotisserie.

dcarch

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 7:49AM
Bellsmom

The large Breville has convection. No rotisserie. I like mine and use it frequently. It has replaced the toaster, and does a fine job of light duty broiling, baking scones, pizzas, biscuits.
With the Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupon it is a good deal. Not all BBB's will let you use the coupon on Breville. Mine did, and many others have bought theirs there also.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 8:29AM
dcarch7

I can roast a medium size chicken with the rotisserie.

But the very best part is I made a coffee bean thing using two cheap strainers to roast green coffee beans using the rotisserie. I can roast one lb at a time. Nothing like roasting your own coffee beans. :-)

dcarch

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 8:43AM
alex9179

I'm a a bit jealous of dcarch's coffee bean set-up, but I love my Breville Smart Oven. It's my toaster and acts as my second oven when I need the flexibility. Anything small goes in there, whether the big oven is being used or not. I've even used it to bake bread, just tent foil over the top to prevent the crust from getting too brown.

We are a family of 5, and use it all the time.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 9:19AM
Bellsmom

Dcarch
The coffee bean set up is brilliant. You think so darn far outside the box I bet you can't even SEE the box!!

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 10:19AM
chi83

I love my Breville Smart Oven. I hardly use my regular oven anymore unless I need something larger. I bought through Hammacher Schlemmer. It might be slightly more expensive than using coupons, etc but it has a lifetime, no questions asked guarantee which I like.

"The Best Toaster Oven comes with The Hammacher Schlemmer Lifetime Guarantee at no additional charge. If this product ever disappoints you, for any reason, you may return your Hammacher Schlemmer purchase for exchange, credit, or refund."

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 10:26AM
dees_1

Another vote for the Breville. I also have the larger one and use it frequently for smaller items.

It toasts well too!

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 12:14PM
shirl36

I will agree with all the Breville Smart Oven comments. My first experience with convection and I am sold on that. It will accomodate a 10" pie and bake it to perfection. Abit pricey in the beginning, but worth every cent. I use it first.....'stove oven wonders what it did
wrong not to get used anymore'.

Shirl

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 12:17PM
More Discussions
Do you keep raisins in the frig?
I have never ever kept my raisins in the frig. My most...
Jasdip
Hi All! Cookingrvc here. Wow things look different.
Have been spending time on a Facebook group that is...
cookingrvc
Waterlogue app
Photo of vegetables for tonight's dinner run through...
bbstx
I Thought about Grainlady and others today....
I made a loaf of bread and had all the ingredients...
carol_in_california
Photobucket Photos - Plllog - Annie
Hey there, I didn't forget to post PB photos for you....
solsthumper
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™