New Heating / Cooling install.

alhhaoisMarch 31, 2013

I just had a new furnace/coil/condenser installed and had a question. I had a number of different estimates given so I felt good about the sizing. Now, with the system in for less than a week I have a question.

I have some shrink wrap up on some windows in the house still and when the furnace starts to blow the pressure in the house changes quickly and the shrink wrap pulls out towards the exterior. When it stops blowing it lets up again just as quickly.

What is this telling me about the pressure in the house and how the HVAC system is acting to have this effect. I don't even to really know how to ask this correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_home

Are the windows with shrink wrap near the a supply vent? Is the door to this room closed?

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 8:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alhhaois

Hey Mike. Room in question is about 12x15. 1 supply vent and 1 return. This happens with door open. It seems like once the blower kicks in on the furnace The pressure is rising quickly inside. I'm just wondering if that would indicate miss-sizing with the ducts and the new furnace.

With the cooling season coming up I don't want to be losing my cold air out.

I have talked to someone that does house audits and I am thinking about having them do a blower door test.

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 10:02PM
More Discussions
Neighbor Finally Upgrades to Heat Pump
My next door neighbor finally took my advice and upgraded...
newtalk2
Navian condensing combi, good or bad?
Hi, I am looking into converting from oil to gas and...
rickyk22
Greenspeed, is this setup ideal/ worth it?
I am building up on my house (cape style) in Long Island...
David
Enery efficiency of exposed ductwork?
What are your thoughts on the energy efficiency of...
ccintx
Insulating floor on my raised home in Louisiana.
We recently installed solar panels on our home. We...
ktyler1320
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™