Need help making this BUBBLE stitch

sunshine98January 5, 2009

Need help figuring how to do this bubble stitch especially the crossover. It's like a fancy ribbing. The right side has the bubble columns and the wrong side of knitting has the plain ribbing.It's called a bubble stitch (NOT to be confused with a bobble stitch.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Almost looks like an eyelet mock cable pattern...
here is a stitch pattern worked over 5 sts
Rows 1-2: *K3, P2, repeat from *
Row 3: *Sl 1, K2, PSSO, P2, repeat from *
Row 4: *K1, YO, K1, P2, repeat from *

    Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 8:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Can you post the instructions for the particular row that's giving you problems? I ask because I've never heard of a bubble stitch (though I've heard of the bobble stitch). The photo appears to show a cable.

    Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 8:43PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
I want to learn to knit or crochet.
I have no one to teach me. Which is easier to learn...
What have you made lately?
Made this scarf for my niece for Christmas. The photo...
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™